Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Paul Gay
  • New to Real Estate
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
New Member in Houston, TX - Eager to Learn!

Paul Gay
  • New to Real Estate
  • Houston, TX
Posted Aug 21 2018, 10:29

Hey guys!  My name is Paul Gay.  I live in Houston, TX.  I am currently an MBA candidate at Rice University slated for graduation in 2020 (Undergrad from UH - Go Coogs).  I work with my family.  We import and sell reclaimed architectural building materials from Europe - think antique stone flooring/mantelpieces/doors, etc.  

I have very little experience in real estate.  I am a licensed Realtor and worked briefly as an Office Tenant Rep at a commercial firm a few months after college, but was not a huge fan of that particular space.  I am extremely interested in learning about residential (and eventually commercial) real estate investment as a whole, and am currently thinking that my entry to the industry will be via flips.  I am currently on episode 28 of the Bigger Pockets podcast!  Some of the aspects of flipping that I would like to learn more about are lead generation (particularly direct mail marketing), rehab cost estimation (no I haven't read the book yet...), and building/growing a business. 

I would like to eventually make real estate/investment my full-time gig, and hope to be well on my way by the time I graduate.  Thanks for reading and I look forward to learning more!

-Paul

Loading replies...