New Wholesaler in Chicago

6 Replies

Hello, my name is Nabeel. I just started to seriously consider wholesaling and now i am obsessed with learning more and more about it. I have watched tons of youtube videos and listened to podcasts, i know just that isn't enough. I just don't know how to start and it feels like i'm hitting a roadblock. Any advice? 

Also,  would any wholesalers or anyone interested in real estate in Chicago or surrounding areas like to connect and share ideas? Thank you

@Nabeel Oyewole Max Maxwell on YouTube was a great source for me. As well as REIPro YouTube videos on wholesaling. They are longer and do sell you a little bit on their software but it helped tremendously to teach me the tiny in between steps that you don't get from these shorter summary videos. Also I'm new to Wholesaling and always up for a project or to bounce ideas. Based out of San Diego but we could always video chat or run ideas back and forth messenger.
@Mariah Sanchez Also, sorry to keep adding on.. but I was stuck in that analysis paralysis stage too. This week finally started jumping in head first. I accepted that I'll sound a little shaky or clearly like a beginner, but I started cold calling numbers, mailing properties, and googled every real estate agent, property manager, and landlord in my area and any title companies or real estate attorneys I could just to practice speaking skills and ask random questions about how they run their buissness or how other investors are doing it. Still not sure if I'm doing it right, and many of the properties I probably won't hear back from, but it's a numbers game and I had to do something to get me to the next step

@Mariah Sanchez Thank you so much for replying. I have been watching Max Maxwell religiously for the past few days now and i have to say i have learned a lot from his vlogs and podcasts. I will check out REIpro and attend REIA's next meeting tomorrow just to be able to have conversations with people.

Congratulations on taking your first steps into financial freedom, i am finally getting in my car and just driving for $$ today just to get a proper view of properties in my neighborhood and around. I am more than glad to share ideas with you, maybe we can add some value to each other's businesses in the future. I'm new on this website and still trying to understand how it works but i will send u a friend request and i hope we can keep in touch often to kinda guide each other through different processes and basically encourage each other to keep going out and getting deals done! Thank you again

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you