College Student Needing Advice!!!

2 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I am very excited to be part of this community. I am a college student (senior) and want to get started in real estate.

I know I don't want to go to anything financially heavy-based (commercial real estate analyst, underwriter, etc.).

I wanted to gain ideas from this great community what are some jobs/departments in residential and commercial that one can go into that still pays well, but isn't so strictly revolved around finance and has good growth opportunity. There are so many avenues in real estate I don't know where to start.

I am interested in development and multifamily.

If you could please leave suggestions and positions I can look into to gain better perspective.

All insight and feedbacks are appreciated.

Agree with @Aaron K. . There are a lot of jobs out there that are in 'real estate'. that list will give you a good start. I'd suggest starting with some skills that you think you want to acquire (or skills that you may posses or have a natural affinity for) and choose that way. So instead of 'development and multi-family', start with 'networking, service, reading spreadsheets/analyzing, connecting with people, managing projects, etc....' basically write out whatever you really enjoy doing OR whatever skill you want to acquire... and find a job in RE that matches. because RE is so diverse and people oriented, you're bound to find something that suits you. 

Eventually, if you want to invest in real estate or be your own boss in any way, you're going to want to learn the finance piece. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you