Foreclosure auction in Pittsburgh

4 Replies

Hello everyone! i am beginner in real estate 20 y. o. girl and i started with foreclosure auction, sheriff sales in Pittsburgh. In July i became a winner on bidding and got my property free and clear for 6,500. Still didn't get my recorded deed, please professional investors, i am so worried about deed and that terms are far from 6 weeks, help me. In summer time is it okay to wait so long? and another thing: my attorney told me that i can not go inside of my property before i didn't get my docs, the house is vacant. Recently, we went to check our property and decided to go inside with knowing of risk. After we actually  met with previous owner of the property. She is nice lady, told that she was leaving in this house and she still takes care of cutting the grass  also said if we need any help or have any questions we are able to come to her for advise. Here is question: we met the owner, we went inside, we don't have the deed, can we start fixing? even if she is nice is there any pitfalls? its my first property, i am so nervous! 

thank you! 

Alina, have absolutely no contact with the former owner and do not go back there again. Wait for the sheriff's deed, or if you can't wait, go down to the office and ask about it.

DO NOT START FIXING THE HOUSE.

@Alina Beryh we buy a few properties a month at the sale. You are not supposed to go into the property till the deed is recorded. Then you can change the locks and post the property. If there are any belongings in the house you should post it for 10-15 days so when you do toss the items in the house you have a record of posting the door. 

What can happen if previous owner seen us? And how that post looks like? Is it just saying we are going to toss belongings should we call sheriff to record furniture or just throw it away? Thank you 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you