Recently joined BP and eager to get started.

5 Replies

Hello Everyone. I just recently signed up as a Pro member in hopes of accessing all the great tools and information the site has to offer. I'm also hoping to begin my journey as an investor with BP's community knowledge and experience readily accessible. After listening to a lot of people on the pod casts find success through BP from all over the country I'm confident that I will make it work for me as well. I currently work a full time job, have 3 amazing young boys, a supportive and wonderful wife and a house. I'm quite busy as it is, so the thought of adding more to my plate has kept me rather reluctant to get started but I've finally decided that this is something I have to do. I am considering wholesaling as a great way to get started. Based on all of the different strategies I've  listened to and reading about it,  this seems like the path that will fit best into my current situation. But I am certainly open to suggestions if anyone would like to share any. 

I'm really excited to start meeting people that are new and in similar situations to mine. Thanks to all of those that stopped by to take a read.  

Anthony.

If you don't have any free time then wholesaling is not the path for you.

If you have some cash sitting around that you want to put to work without spending too much of your time then I would recommend buying rental properties out of state. 

You can buy your first rental with just $15k out of your pocket, with that money you can buy a rental property that produces $200-250 net cash flow per month!

@Antoine Martel Hi Antoine. Thank you for the input. Rental properties is something that definitely intrests me. The more I look into wholesaling the more I’m realizing that this method does require quit a bit of time to put all the pieces together. I currently do not have cash I can put down but will be reading about creative financing strategies.
Originally posted by @Anthony Sosa :
@Antoine Martel Hi Antoine. Thank you for the input. Rental properties is something that definitely intrests me. The more I look into wholesaling the more I’m realizing that this method does require quit a bit of time to put all the pieces together. I currently do not have cash I can put down but will be reading about creative financing strategies.

Great. Just try to save as much as you can to find that first downpayment!

Hello! @Anthony Sosa

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you