Hello, MKE! Newbie RE Investor Looking to Buy-and-hold-on-tight!

6 Replies

I'm a long-time listener and reader of BP but fresh to Milwaukee. My partner and I are interested in predominately buy-and-hold multifamily. We look forward to meeting all the wonderful people on this forum and hopefully contributing more and more to the community!

Hi, Patrick - you are in good company. There are a ton of great people from Milwaukee on the site. I actually host a meet up in Wauwatosa every month. If you are interested in meeting some more fellow MKE investors, feel free to PM me and I can share the details. 

Thank you for the shout out Scott--hope all is well in the self-storage and development world!!

Patrick, have you determined the areas you will invest and how you will be financing your buys? 

Brew City REI is a very active private Facebook group of over 1500 local investors sharing local tips/advice, contractors, current events and deals. We plan meetups monthly and pop up events. These are posted here in BP as well as on the group page. I am also an active Milwaukee REIA member as well as planning on joining AASEW (Apartment Association of SE WI) which are also great groups.

I hope to see you at some of the Meetups around town. Good luck in your REI adventures!

Thanks, all, for your RE group mentions! I hope to have the opportunity to meet at one of these gatherings in the near future. 

@Rebecca Holmes It's nice to e-meet you! I am narrowing down the field of neighborhoods of interest based upon what I have seen people smarter than me doing, but still very open-minded on location. Much research left to do. The tentative plan is to do at least one conventional mortgage for a SFH or Duplex and then, if possible (and the numbers work), an FHA into a tri/quad multi shortly thereafter. If the group meetings are posted here on BP, I'll be damned if you don't see me at one of them!

Hi Patrick---that sounds like a smart strategy. We do post the meetups in BP too and hope to see meet you at one of them live and in person :) 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you