Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Davis
  • Bloomington, IN
Votes |
New member onboard from Bloomington, Indiana.

Matthew Davis
  • Bloomington, IN
Posted Aug 30 2018, 09:28

Greetings Bigger Pockets -

My name is Matt Davis and I'm new to BP. Checking in from Hoosier country, Bloomington, Indiana. I'm here to learn and see what I can do to gain schedule freedom. Money is always nice, but I want to buy time with my wife and kids more than anything else. I'm a marine engineer by training who went to the USMMA at Kings Point. Most of my professional life has been spent on the high seas, but a friend turned me on to the podcast and down the rabbit hole I fell.... now here I am. I have no background in real estate other than buying and selling three different family homes, but the podcasts have turned me into an addict and now I'm actively trying to hunt down my first cash-flowing rental. My long-term goals include owning apartments and (someday)development. Additionally, I've signed up for the 90hr real estate agent class so I can get my license. I thought it would be beneficial to learn even more, plus gain the ability to tour houses and make offers without a middle-man... if I can make some money on the side helping other buy/sell, that's a bonus too. So that's it... I look forward to the adventure and engaging with the community.

Loading replies...