New SF Bay Area Member Intro- Interested in MF

8 Replies

Hi everyone, Loving this BP community and learning so much from @Brandon Turner, @ David Green and guests! Such refreshing and entertaining content contrasted with a lot of other REI gurus. Living in the San Francisco bay area, my primary interest in 2018 is out-of-state Multi-family, and potential CA flip partnering. I spent 8 years as a Realtor, coach and trainer with Keller Williams riding the RE cycle '04-'11, then returned to the tech industry. I bought 1 SFH investment in '06 in Boise ID which I still own, and I consider myself a novice RE investor, quickly learning via BP, and excited to get my first MF property. With two going into college, I am driven to grow more income through RE and would like to teach and inspire my daughters about building wealth through RE. Better late than never.

Seeking: I’m comfortable with investing out of the area and now seeking resources to ID MF and small apartment deals in select markets (Orlando area, Atlanta, SLC, Provo, Seattle, Stockton) possible deal partner for mentoring, and to build my team.   Any recommended investor meetups in the Bay Area?  I've noted several on the meetup site and would be interested in any reviews.

Currently on Maui vacation and looking forward to collaborating with others on BP!

So glad to hear how you're enjoying this site and the content @Shannon Witters ! Keep plugging away and your WHY is definitely a strong one which will help you. My WHY when I started and even now is my daughter and to be able to provide her with options for her life. I'm sure you'll be meeting people in the select markets you noted and build from there! 

Hi @Shannon Witters !  If you ever get up to Boise to check on that rental property,  please say hi!  So many from the Pleasanton area are investing (and moving) here.  Both are great towns.   

@Shannon Witters

Congrats on taking those steps and howdy neighbor!

We have acquired nearly 50 MF units in Stockton in the past few months and looking to buy more in various Cali markets as well as OOS.  

I have done a SFH flip in Sacramento. Profit was good but alot of work. I would not flip SFH again for now but will long term flip MF :)

Don't think there is an investor meetup in our area but have gone to ones in Oakland and San Francisco.

@paulchoi Hey Paul,  congrats on your 50 MF units! I know there is some great potential in Stockton. So far, I am beginning stages looking OOS orlando, maybe SLC .    Would like to learn more about your MF strategy in Stockton.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you