New wanna be House hacker in the north Seattle area!

2 Replies

HEllo everyone on BP! I have been a lurker for a few years, and I somehow haven't gotten around to posting anything. I am 26 years old, and a small business owner in the greater PNW area. My brother and I are a general contractor, specializing in SFR remodels.

I'm currently looking to purchase a 2-4 unit home for my family and I in the north seattle area and I've been scouring the forums for help! I look forward to meeting you all. 

Thanks,

James

Welcome, James! Sounds like your "lurking" has lead you to a pretty solid strategy for your REI career.

I don't have many regrets in my REI journey, but if I could do it over, I would house hack early and often, just like you're planning. And your business experience in GC / remodeling will be a huge benefit for you.

Well done and keep us all posted on your journey. Can't wait to read your update in the Success Stories forum ;)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you