• Rental Property Investor
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
Hello from Queens, NY

Patrick Flanagan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Queens, NY
Posted Sep 10 2018, 18:39

Hello BP community. I'm posting from Astoria, Queens NYC and I'm excited to get into this real estate investment space with you all!

I currently work full-time for an organic food manufacturer, but have some exposure to real estate in the past. I worked with a real estate data research firm, REIS out of college and I obtained my NY state real estate salesperson license to do a little renting. Having read books like Rich Dad Poor Dad and Four Hour Workweek years ago, I've always been familiar with "getting money to work for you" via real estate. I just never had the guts nor the funds to really pull the trigger.

Now looking to start in buying and holding single family rentals in college towns. A market I'd like to start is Ewing NJ by the College of New Jersey. Since I went to college there, I'm pretty familiar with the town and have a good grasp on what rents well. I'd like to build my portfolio in that market, then move on to other college towns in NJ and perhaps upstate NY for sfr and duplexes. I would love to get into the rental game in my city, but don't have anywhere near the capital at the moment!

Look forward to interacting with you all!

Loading replies...