New Member from Orange County, CA

9 Replies

My name is Kyle Mendez (27 years old). I am currently in the Aerospace industry. I am always looking for opportunities and try to avoid being complacent, which is why I am interested in the unlimited possibilitIes that real estate investment offers.

I am currently at the end of the process for obtaining my real estate agent license. I decided to transition into real estate sales with the intention of learning the transaction side in order to aid my future investments.

I currently own a 1B/1B condo in Lake Forest, CA. I decided to buy instead of rent in order to save and invest my money. The idea of spending money that I would never see again (renting) did not make sense to me.

About 2 years after my purchase, I found Bigger Pockets while figuring out how to rent my condo. This was a major turning point for me. I finally found the vehicle that would take me closer to my goal of living my best life.

I am extremely excited to learn more about real estate investing. I will use real estate investing as a vehicle to free me from my "9-5 job" in order to spend with my family and live a purposeful life.

I am mainly interested in buy-and-holds, but I'll keep my mind open for now as I am just getting started.

My fiancé and I may very likely be moving to Germany within the next 1-2 years. I would like to keep my condo and invest "out-of-state" (somewhere in the midwest maybe?) and possibly in Germany, although I will have to research the German market and rental laws as well.

Any and all advice is much appreciated! Again, aside from my condo, I am fresh into the world of real estate investing.

Regards,

Kyle

Originally posted by @Kyle Mendez :

My name is Kyle Mendez (27 years old). I am currently in the Aerospace industry. I am always looking for opportunities and try to avoid being complacent, which is why I am interested in the unlimited possibilitIes that real estate investment offers.

I am currently at the end of the process for obtaining my real estate agent license. I decided to transition into real estate sales with the intention of learning the transaction side in order to aid my future investments.

I currently own a 1B/1B condo in Lake Forest, CA. I decided to buy instead of rent in order to save and invest my money. The idea of spending money that I would never see again (renting) did not make sense to me.

About 2 years after my purchase, I found Bigger Pockets while figuring out how to rent my condo. This was a major turning point for me. I finally found the vehicle that would take me closer to my goal of living my best life.

I am extremely excited to learn more about real estate investing. I will use real estate investing as a vehicle to free me from my "9-5 job" in order to spend with my family and live a purposeful life.

I am mainly interested in buy-and-holds, but I'll keep my mind open for now as I am just getting started.

My fiancé and I may very likely be moving to Germany within the next 1-2 years. I would like to keep my condo and invest "out-of-state" (somewhere in the midwest maybe?) and possibly in Germany, although I will have to research the German market and rental laws as well.

Any and all advice is much appreciated! Again, aside from my condo, I am fresh into the world of real estate investing.

Regards,

Kyle

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!

Education, education, education!

Attend as many RE events as you can, listen to podcasts, network with agents and brokers, and learn to analyze deals.

Good luck and have fun!

@Michael Evans Thank you! The BP podcast is the only thing that I listen to in my car. I have a couple of friends that attend meet-ups - I'll have to start attending more with them. I'm trying my best to keep myself occupied with REI material anytime I have down time. I think once I transition into the transaction side, I'll accelerate my studies and understanding of real estate. Thanks again for the tips!

Hey Kyle! I used to be in Aerospace too. I did flight test engineering, electronics engineering, etc. What do you do in it?

I also invest out-of-state (mostly) from CA. 

Reach out anytime if you have any questions or want some help!

@Kyle Mendez   welcome to BP.  Great to hear that you purchased your first investment.  I would definitely check out the local meetups in your area.  There is one coming this monday in Lake Forest that is close to you.  Happy to network anytime since we are so close.

Good Investing...

@Joe Homs  -

Thanks for the welcome. I think we met briefly at a meetup you hosted in Lake Forest this past August at Round Table pizza. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to speak with you before I had to leave.

I appreciate your invitation! I'm going to study up a little more so I know what questions to ask.

Thank again and I look forward to seeing you at a meetup soon!

Regards, Kyle

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you