New Member, Tax sale question

5 Replies

Hi, new member from central Pa area. I have been researching about tax sales and found this forum and have been doing a lot of reading and learned a lot so far. I started my research due to a property adjacent to mine that is going up for tax sale and am also interested in REI in the future. I have a question about a tax sale of a property that is currently in foreclosure but the structure has burnt down. I was hoping someone could guide on where (what forum category) to post my question. Thanks in advance and for everything I have learned already!

@Chad Jackson seek out a local real estate attorney who specializes in real estate. There may be some incentives or local programs that will allow you the first choice to buy an adjacent property. Also contact the sheriffs office of your county. They may lead you down the correct path. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you