Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Victor Hess
  • Hudson Falls, NY
Votes |
Victor Hess from Hudson Falls, New York.

Victor Hess
  • Hudson Falls, NY
Posted Sep 20 2018, 16:26

Hello everyone, my name is Victor, I am brand new in the real estate investing scene and I am stoked to be among you all in this business and look forward to meeting you guys and learning a lot! 

Here's some stuff about me:

I am 26, living in Hudson Falls, New York, and I am sort of between jobs. I worked as a wall panel framer for this company in town for about 3 months, but have recently left because I wanted to get jobs more involved in the real estate industry to learn about it first hand.

I currently have a job working in the entertainment business as a staging techn and backline tech. As a stage tech I build stages for both concert and corporate events. As a backline tech I set up guitars, amps, keyboards, and drum kits for bands and babysit for the event. I really enjoy those jobs, especially as a musician (I play the drums). 

Where it started for me:

I had an epiphany after listening to a youtube video of a man named Earl Nightingale and started to think about things. Then there came this book titled The Richest Man In Babylon, and finally Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Needless to say, it's brought me to deciding to invest in real estate amongst other vehicles.

For the past couple of months I have been studying real estate investing closely and I see it as an opportunity to becoming financially free someday. That being said, I know it is a lot of work, and the return is measured by how much you put in right?

What I'd like to do in real estate investing:

I would like to get in the buy and hold game and others eventually. Small family to someday apartment structures would be cool. I like meeting people, making long-lasting friendships and I love strategies. I plan to start small, and do it big. For me, I think of it like playing Monopoly sort of, in that I would one day like to stand back and observe all that I have built and accomplished and the opportunity I can give others.

How I ended up here:

I discovered Bigger Pockets after searching for podcasts on investing in general. I listened to the first episode and was immediately interested. I am especially invested in this website because of it's primary focus of real estate, I love that they have most material for free, and the camaraderie of the folks on here. After that, I felt that it was a concentrated area of the business and signed up. BP is now my main source of all things real estate investing. I do keep an open mind however and read various books on the subject of real estate from my local library.

So, there you have it. Hope there's nothing I missed. Again, I look forward to meeting and speaking with you awesome folks! 

Cheers!

Loading replies...