Newbie in NYC looking for other markets

2 Replies

Hi All- my name is Doug Stewart and I live in NYC.  I am from Malibu, CA and I bought a rental condo there before I moved five years ago, knowing it would be difficult to buy rentals that cash flow in NYC.  

I started listening to the Bigger Pocket podcast a few weeks ago and absolutely love it.  It has inspired me to invest in more real estate and take better control of my finances overall.  

Though I have a full time job as a tennis coach, I am looking to buy and hold rentals in another market, which is why I am currently reading David Greene's "Long-Distance Real Estate Investing".  Looking forward to meeting people on the same journey as I am!

@Douglas Stewart welcome to BP. Once you pick a market to invest set up a keyword alert for that area. You ill get notified anytime someone posts about it (or any keyword you choose)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you