• Clinton, TN
Votes |
Newbie from Clinton, TN

Eric Jones
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Clinton, TN
Posted Sep 25 2018, 14:49

Hello everyone, my name is Eric Jones and my wife and I have just become real estate investors (again) about 3 weeks ago! We purchased a SFH 3bed/1bath and it is nearly ready for our first tenants. I figured it was time to start exiting the stock market and use some of the money to purchase a cash flowing asset. Luckily, we decided to continue investing all the way through the recession and those purchases enabled us to enter real estate again at a comfort level that we were both happy with. We were able to buy low and we sold it high! Enough about that.

Our history as real estate investors is limited to a 2 year stint as long distance landlords about 15 years ago that we broke even on and the purchase/sale of a small piece of land 2 years ago.  We used the money from the sale of the land to remodel our current home and to build a detached garage that matched the house.  Boy, how I wish I would have used that money to invest into a rental!  Lesson learned.

I work full time, while my wife works part time.  Our goal is to add at least 1 rental per year (maybe more) and to replace our income.  Once our income is replaced, we will continue to add to our real estate portfolio and start looking for opportunities to invest into businesses.

I came to join Bigger Pockets by searching the internet.  I knew it was time to plug back into the pulse of real estate and of course Bigger Pockets had a large presence to say the least!  We are looking forward to the exchange of information and meeting as many of you as possible.

Loading replies...