Starting in New Brunswick

7 Replies

Hi there BP members, I am 20 years old and currently self employed through contracts with 7 months of consistent work and am receiving a diploma for Business Administration: Marketing from NBCC this spring. I am very interested in wholesaling and the BRRRR strategy. I still have a lot to learn but have polished off most of the BP real estate podcasts and have self educated my self a lot on wholesaling (mainly from American perspectives, not sure of a lot of the differences between our laws yet in regards to wholesaling). I would love to connect with you if you are in the Moncton or Fredericton area. I am currently just analyzing to build some confidence and can't wait to house hack my first property. If there are any meet ups in the future please reach out as I'd love to network.

Matt

Hi @Matthew Fearneley and welcome! I think you're headed in the right direction. House hacking combined with the BRRRR strategy is a great way to snowball your rental portfolio. I think it would also be wise to check out the Bigger Pockets Money Podcast if you haven't already; Scott and Mindy provide timeless advice and it's very entertaining. Also, Scott's book "Set For Life" is a wonderful resource as well. If you're looking to network you may be able to find events in your area here on bigger pockets or on such sites as meetup.com.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Thanks @Chace Fraser for the reply! I have been doing my best to join local meet ups but they don’t seem to be very active (understandabley so as I live in a rather small market) can’t wait to show others what I have to offer though. I have a few books im purchasing in the near future and I’ll make sure set for life one of them, thanks for the recommendation! I drive a lot with my job so I tend to listen a lot more than I read. The money podcasts are next up in my playlist! 

Best of luck to you as well,

Matt

Hi Matt, 

I've been co-owner of a few student rentals here in Fredericton for ~3 years. Always willing to help out a fellow investor. Feel free to reach out if there's anything I might be able to help with. 

Cheers, 

Brendan

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you