New to BP in Columbus, OH!

12 Replies

I’ve been listening to the BP podcasts for a while now, and thought it was about time to join the discussion on the website!

I am a new investor in Columbus, OH, working on my first multi-family deal in Old Towne East. I am looking to live in one and do short term rentals in the other. 

It’s gonna need some renovations, so I am excited for the chance to learn along the way. 

Thanks for being an awesome community so far!

Originally posted by @Ian Tvardovskaya :
@Matthew Rosebaugh Welcome! Make sure you are up to date on Columbus short term rental local rules. I know the city was reviewing them, but I don't know how far they went!

Ian they passed short term rentals and most of the legislation goes into affect later this year or early next year in columbus , we are short term rental operators. 

Originally posted by @Matthew Rosebaugh :

I’ve been listening to the BP podcasts for a while now, and thought it was about time to join the discussion on the website!

I am a new investor in Columbus, OH, working on my first multi-family deal in Old Towne East. I am looking to live in one and do short term rentals in the other. 

It’s gonna need some renovations, so I am excited for the chance to learn along the way. 

Thanks for being an awesome community so far!

What area of OTE? Are you between bryden and broad or near south of main? great area. We just sold a 5 unit that will be used as an airbnb in the near east district of columbus 

Welcome to the party Matthew!  Definitely starting out right - you're about to gain priceless knowledge on the PM, rehab, tenant, regulations, and I'm guessing finance fronts of this crazy game. Best of luck! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you