User Stats

Votes
Amanda Wirch
Votes |
Newbie with Interest in Multi Family: MN & WI

Amanda Wirch
Posted Oct 1 2018, 18:02

Hello,

My DH and I are new to the real estate investing space.  I found the Bigger Pockets Money podcast, then Bigger Pockets podcast itself and now I am here in the forums, researching and planning to invest within the next calendar year *fingers crossed*.  

We live in Minneapolis MN, but have history in the Fox Valley area of WI.  Prices in Minneapolis for multi-families are pretty high, so we are considering investment properties in the suburbs of Minneapolis, Duluth, Oshkosh WI, Neenah-Menasha WI, and Milwaukee WI currently.  We have an "accidental" rental house in rural Missouri that was originally bought as a primary residence and taught us all about what doesn't make a rental house profitable, so that is the extent of our experience so far. 

Specific interests include small apartment buildings (rather than older homes split into units) with 4-8 doors to start with.  We both spend a lot of time doing work with the arts and non-profits on the side and we would someday like to move our focuses to those side pursuits rather than our currents jobs.  Having a baseline income from rentals would provide us the flexibility we are looking for and fits well with my personal interests and temperment.  

DH is a network engineer and I have worked in ministry/non profit settings as well as customer service settings.  I paint, write, and hike with our two dogs.  DH is an enthusiastic snowboarder and skateboarder.  Would love to network about good markets in the WI and MN area, about small multi-family buildings, long-distance landlording and property management recommendations when the time comes.  

Glad to be here!

Loading replies...