Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes

Interested in the CT market need help!

Charles Mitchell
Posted Nov 5 2018, 05:44

Hi BPers,

So I've been on the site a couple on months now every day and feel that I've learned enough that I can start looking for my first property. I'm currently located in NYC (have to stay here for work so house hack is not an option). I was looking in the Indianapolis market but being so far away from my first investment just doesn't appeal to me. NJ is saturated and taxes are too high so I've begun looking in CT and would love some advice on areas/to connect with some investors. I'd love to know what areas in CT offer good COC returns and are good for BRRRR.

About my deal;

• Looking for 2-4 multifamily
  • BRRRR -refinancing into next deal
  • 100-180k all in -- including repairs
  • looking for solid cash return from rents but more important is finding a home that will have a high ARV to leverage into next property
  • Major concern: Tenant placement-- Not interested in section 8/ high crime areas. Looking for C- B minus properties in working class neighborhoods. 

If anyone has any suggestions on areas to look into I would greatly appreciate it. Also if you're a CT investor yourself please reach out! Let's connect!

Loading replies...