Newbie from Bel Air, Maryland

14 Replies

Hello everyone! My name is Nick Murray I'm from Bel Air, Maryland. I am 21 and looking to get into real estate investing as a full time career so I can become independent and live on my own terms while helping other investors by passing on information I'm going to learn over the next 50 yesrs. I'm interested in wholesaling as a way to get into REI.

If you're in my area make to give me a shout out and maybe we can connect offline! Would love to meet some new faces.

Cheers!

What's up Nick!!  Good to see you!!  Great age to get started.  I'm working on a flip currently in Baltimore and I'm thinking about getting back into wholesaling but if you have any question let me know and the BP community know.  

Originally posted by @Lamont Marable :

What's up Nick!!  Good to see you!!  Great age to get started.  I'm working on a flip currently in Baltimore and I'm thinking about getting back into wholesaling but if you have any question let me know and the BP community know.  

Good to meet you, I'm willing to try any real estate methods, ive just heard wholesaling is good for people with little funds.

What do you think?

@Nick Murray welcome to BP. Glad you are starting so young I wish I had.  But I wouldn't be in such a hurry to go full time. Having w-2 income can go a long way towards getting financing.  It can also be frustrating to do a great deal and realize that just allows you to eat this month. You have go to do it again next month

A wholesaling deal can be done without a lot of funds. Turning it into a business, especially a full time business takes marketing dollars.

Welcome Nick! I'm originally from Bel Air myself (currently live down in Perry Hall). There are a lot of great REI Networking Groups in Harford and Baltimore, be sure to check some of them out. Good luck!

Originally posted by @Joe Norman :

Welcome Nick! I'm originally from Bel Air myself (currently live down in Perry Hall). There are a lot of great REI Networking Groups in Harford and Baltimore, be sure to check some of them out. Good luck!

Good to meet you, I've only been able to find one that meets in BWI.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you