New to Real Estate Market

2 Replies

Hello, my name is Tiffany and I am new to the Real Estate Market. I've been reading tons of forums and listening to the podcasts. I am learning everyday. Bigger Pockets is a great self investment and I am appreciative of it. So far I know research and getting a mentor are imperative if one wants to be successful. My question is, What are some tips that anyone can offer for newbies in this field ?. Where do/did you start ? What motivated you to keep pushing if you felt defeated because you're first deal did not go as planned ?

Welcome to BP @Tiffany Michel !

Where to start? You’re already doing it - educate, educate, educate. Get smart on the math of how to run the numbers, types of financing, how to find properties, how to identify good markets, etc.

Tips? Never stop learning. Practice analyzing deals using the BP calculators (Pro members get unlimited access). Nework with like minded people at a local REI group. Narrow your focus (market, property type, etc.).

Motivation? Classic “know your why” answer. Do you want to build generational wealth? Replace income to quit a job? Prepare for retirement? Having a strong why will help you push through any difficulties or setbacks. 

Good luck as you get started! These are just a few thoughts. There are plenty more someone else might suggest. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you