Newbie from Northfield, Minnesota

9 Replies

Hey all, I name is Dave Dockendorf and I am just starting my adventure.  My wife and I own our home, and are using 2019 to get out of consumer debt and I am working to learn what I can about real estate investing.

I am a voice systems engineer for a financial institution.

Maybe with confidence and time trying wholesaling or flipping would be in the realm of possibility. I am thinking that ultimately buy and hold would be what we would look at, but I have lots to learn. The goal would be to find an put a deal together in 2020!

Look forward to chatting with, learn from and maybe even meet-up with some local investors to grow my knowledge.  I am looking to learn and build something for my family.  I think I ran across a Youtube video that lead me to BiggerPockets.

Happy 2019!

Originally posted by @Dave M Dockendorf :

Hey all, I name is Dave Dockendorf and I am just starting my adventure. My wife and I own our home, and are using 2019 to get out of consumer debt and I am working to learn what I can about real estate investing.

I am a voice systems engineer for a financial institution.

Maybe with confidence and time trying wholesaling or flipping would be in the realm of possibility.  I am thinking that ultimately buy and hold would be what we would look at, but I have lots to learn.  The goal would be to find an put a deal together in 2020!

Look forward to chatting with, learn from and maybe even meet-up with some local investors to grow my knowledge.  I am looking to learn and build something for my family.  I think I ran across a Youtube video that lead me to BiggerPockets.

Happy 2019!

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you! 

@Dave M Dockendorf Welcome to the forums. There is a lot of great meet up opportunities in the Twin Cities. For example, there is a Landlord 101 class tomorrow evening and there is a class on buying property in the Winter on the 17th, plus several others. These ones are in the Twin Cities but if you check around there may be a Northfield meet up. Reach out if your coming to the cities if you would like to meet up for coffee.

Welcome and good luck with your new path. My best advice would be to listen to the podcasts and learn all of the markets that you want to invest in really well. That way when you are ready to jump in you'll be confident and ready to go. Best wishes!

Hey @Dave M Dockendorf and welcome to Bigger Pockets! You just took a big step towards starting off in real estate investment. Bigger Pockets is a great place for networking and getting deals done. It's one step for real estate investing, the other step for great success! Congratulations and I wish you all the success. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you