New member from Scarborough, ME

12 Replies

My name is Pavel, I'm married and just recently we had our 4th child. We have been renting up until now and with the growing family we are thinking of buying a home. Since I am a carpenter I really wanted to build but it's out of my budget right now. My brother gave me an idea to find a fixer-upper since I am handy and can do mostly everything myself. In my trade I do framing, siding, interior/exterior trim, flooring, roofing, and much more. I have some knowledge and experience doing electrical and plumbing as well. At this point I need help finding a property perhaps using a local wholesaler, so my brother introduced me to BiggerPockets. I'm looking for a place in the greater Portland area, Gorham, Westbrook, Windham, Standish, Buxton, Hollis, Scarborough, Portland, South Portland, Saco. I'd love to connect with local real estate guys who deal with this kind of thing (investors, realtors, appraisals, home inspectors) feel free to send me a connect request, would love to connect with you. Maybe someone can recommend a local real estate networking meeting where i can meet folks in area of southern Maine?

@Pavel Fomichenko welcome to BP, glad you followed my recommendation and joined, in time you will see how awesome this community is!

Harrison is the kind of guy you'd want to connect and network with. Meet with him for coffee and talk, I'm sure you can learn something from his wisdom and experience. 

Hi Pavel! Welcome to BP. The Southern Maine meetup usually occurs around mid-month. This month's location will likely be South Portland. If you check the forum in a week or so, you'll see the post promoting it.

Welcome to the purpose of BP - real estate investing (in Southern Maine)!! ;) I do quite a bit of short sale work and I regularly have cash deals available. I'm having an open house at one of my short sales this weekend if you're interested in meeting up. It's in Lyman (this one is already under contract to a buyer). We're meeting from 11-1. Message me if you are interested in coming and i'll shoot you the address.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you