• Rental Property Investor
  • Tinton Falls, NJ (07753)
Votes |
New from Central NJ- Looking for 1st Deal

Brett Baginski
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tinton Falls, NJ (07753)
Posted Jun 13 2019, 07:33

Hello everyone!  Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums.

My name is Brett, I'm 30, and work as a Financial Analyst in NJ.  Received my undergraduate degree in Accounting from Monmouth University and am now going back for my MBA.  If you are familiar with the area, I grew up in Woodbridge, but now live in Tinton Falls.  Currently I own a Townhouse, but am looking for a Multifamily property to house hack where I would rent out my current residence.  This seems like the best way to get started in real estate investing in my scenario.  

I have a HELOC ready to go and am currently working with a realtor. We plan on looking at our first property next week, which I posted about in another topic on the forums under Deal Analysis, which I'll link below.

I've been to one real estate meetup so far, but plan to keep attending and branch out to the other local groups as well.  My goals right now are to get started with my first deal, then replace my living expenses, and finally match my W2 income within the next 5 years.

I have been soaking up information like a sponge the past five months.  Listened to majority of the BP and Rod Khleif podcasts, read the books Multi-Family Millions, Cash Flow Forever, and Rich Dad Poor Dad, and I have a bunch more on my list.  Recently have been trying to be more active on the forums to add some value wherever possible.

Looking forward to connecting/networking with people on the BP community!  Thanks for reading.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/88/topics/717396-deal-analysis-house-hacking-in-nj

Loading replies...