Sell leverage home equity or Hold?

4 Replies

Looking for suggestions & your opinion - Thanks in Advance!

Tenants moved out, have spent a good amount ($7-10K) to renovate the unit. At present, I've almost $200K equity on this unit - Should I sell it using 1031 exchange & use that money to buy bigger unit or units OR just rent it out again with some $200-300 cash flow?

Thanks @Dave Foster .

I'm also inclining towards selling the unit.

If things go as expected, I might end up with $200K, after paying remaining balance to the bank.

I'm exploring/searching property or properties with the price tag of  ~$600K any state (putting down 25%) where I can get a cash flow of around ~$1000/month after paying all the expenses including property management.

Is this doable? OR just rent it out increasing rent & getting maybe a cash flow of around ~$400/month.

Please help me with ideas - I'm doing lot of calculations in mind & get confused :(

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you