Hi BP Fam! New Member Introduction from Brea, CA!

5 Replies

Hi BP fam! My name is Ron and I'm from Brea, CA. I'm new to BP and real estate in general. All my life I've been in the medical field and have always looked into real estate for investing and having more time freedom.

Long story short, I am recently divorced and basically starting my life back up while I pick up the pieces. One thing that I always wanted to do was explore the world of real estate investing, especially long-term rentals. Now that I have that opportunity, I am learning as much as I can, while saving up money for it. I am in the process of selling my vending machine business to raise some capital to purchase my first investment.

I hope I can provide some value as I learn the ins and outs of real estate investing. I there is anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. I may not be able to offer a lot at the moment, but I will do the best that I can. 

Thank you all for sharing all of your knowledge and insights on here. I truly appreciate it!

Welcome to BP @Ron Atienza !

There are tons of resources here on this site for you to use to increase your knowledge. The podcasts (all three of them), forums, webinars, blogs, and books are packed full of information.

I'd also recommend finding a local REI group through this site or the Meet Up app. This will connect you with local folks who are also interested in investing.

The calculators on this site are really good as well. If you upgrade to a Pro membership you'll get unlimited use of them. Getting the math right will make the difference between a "good" deal and one that isn't so great.

Good luck as you begin!

Hi @Jack Butala thanks!! I’m slowly learning the process. I started the basics of real estate investing guide. I am learning from the ground floor so I have much to learn. The BP podcasts are really good and keep me company on my runs hehe 

Thanks for the tips @Allan Bishop Jr. ! I looked at local REI groups on mee up for my area. They had one scheduled the beginning of July but I just found out they cancelled the meeting since it's 4th of July week. Their next one is in August. In the meantime, I'll be reading as much info on here. I haven't had a chance to play with the calculators yet. I will look at it once I get the basic real estate math down

Originally posted by @Ron Atienza :

Hi BP fam! My name is Ron and I'm from Brea, CA. I'm new to BP and real estate in general. All my life I've been in the medical field and have always looked into real estate for investing and having more time freedom.

Long story short, I am recently divorced and basically starting my life back up while I pick up the pieces. One thing that I always wanted to do was explore the world of real estate investing, especially long-term rentals. Now that I have that opportunity, I am learning as much as I can, while saving up money for it. I am in the process of selling my vending machine business to raise some capital to purchase my first investment.

I hope I can provide some value as I learn the ins and outs of real estate investing. I there is anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. I may not be able to offer a lot at the moment, but I will do the best that I can. 

Thank you all for sharing all of your knowledge and insights on here. I truly appreciate it!

Welcome to the site Ron. Good luck on your investing.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you