Newbie In Dallas, Texas

5 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I am a new to the real estate industry. I am interested in rentals currently. I listen to podcasts daily (Bigger Pockets & Rental Income Podcast) and I must say I a feeling a little overwhelmed just because this is unfamiliar territory for me, but I am excited and willing to learn. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I should/could be doing to learn more about the industry or some suggestions on who I should follow on social media, youtube, etc. I am looking into purchasing my first home within a few months and I figured it I want to get into real estate and rentals I should look into house hacking and get a duplex/ four-plex or family home first.

I will admit that I know nothing about to housing market, I subscribed to Redfin, Trulia, and Zillow so I receive notifications daily. I believe I've found some decent deals but then again I don't know what I should or shouldn't be looking for so any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey @Benesha Davis ! Welcome to Bigger Pockets! I understand how it can definitely become really overwhelming with the whole thing. Really you have to get to know yourself and figure out which direction you want to go because there are a million avenues in real estate. I'd love to connect with you and help you figure that out if anything. Let me know!

@Benesha Davis . Reference your comments: I subscribed to Redfin, Trulia, and Zillow so I receive notifications daily.

IMO, your need to find a Full Service Real Estate Agent you feel comfortable with, and allow them to teach you what you need to know to be a Smart Home Buyer. 

Redfin, Trulia, and Zillow are OK to use in finding properties, but you need "smarts" on what to look for, what type of financing you need, things to avoid, etc, etc. 

Find yourself a Great Real Estate Agent - you'll become a lot smarter and a more savvy Buyer.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you