Chicago investor introduction

4 Replies

About me....I am a full time teacher and have been doing some investing on the side for the past 6 years. Below are a list of things I've done. 

SFH in at $93,000, held for 6 years, sold for $170,000. (Fiance lived in it)SFH in at $62,000 held for 22 months, invested $10,000 and sold for $101,000

SFH in at $95,000 held for 12 months, invested $35,000 sold for $184,000.SFH in at $126,000 held for 10 months, invested $45,000sold for $211,000.

Multi family 4 unit +1 garden. Purchased for $335,000, currently held for the past 2 years and refinanced at $320,000 appraised at $427,000. Cash flows $2800 a month after all expenses.

I am getting married in 4 weeks and just closed on a single family home for my family on Friday.

My fiance is closing on a 2 flat for $155k this week. My primary focus has been in the Beverly, Mt. Greenwood, Morgan Park area. 

I look forward to networking with everyone here. Anyone from Chicago who is interested in chatting anything real estate PM me or comment below.

ak to some people soon!

@John Casmon Thanks for reaching out! Can you send more info? We will be on our honey moon, but if you have one in August, I will be there.

What areas do you invest in? What does your portfolio consist of? I look forward to speaking with you.

Hey @Kyle D Birch we meet the 3rd Monday of each month. We haven't posted the BP link yet, but you can find it on the events tab when it's posted.

For our portfolio, we have 700 units as general partners through real estate syndications. In short, we partner with other investors to pool our dollars and acquire larger properties together instead of each of us buying smaller properties individually. I will send you a PM.

Originally posted by @Kyle D Birch :

About me....I am a full time teacher and have been doing some investing on the side for the past 6 years. Below are a list of things I've done. 

SFH in at $93,000, held for 6 years, sold for $170,000. (Fiance lived in it)SFH in at $62,000 held for 22 months, invested $10,000 and sold for $101,000

SFH in at $95,000 held for 12 months, invested $35,000 sold for $184,000.SFH in at $126,000 held for 10 months, invested $45,000sold for $211,000.

Multi family 4 unit +1 garden. Purchased for $335,000, currently held for the past 2 years and refinanced at $320,000 appraised at $427,000. Cash flows $2800 a month after all expenses.

I am getting married in 4 weeks and just closed on a single family home for my family on Friday.

My fiance is closing on a 2 flat for $155k this week. My primary focus has been in the Beverly, Mt. Greenwood, Morgan Park area. 

I look forward to networking with everyone here. Anyone from Chicago who is interested in chatting anything real estate PM me or comment below.

ak to some people soon!

Are you in CPS?  I taught in CPS for six years while investing on the side.  Last summer, I made the switch to being a full time investor.  I'm always up for talking real estate.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you