New investor in Columbus

9 Replies

@Kaylee Fox   First of all, welcome!  

That's kind of a broad request.  I think you'll get a much better response if you tell us a little about yourself, your background, and what specifically you're interested in doing in real estate.  Columbus has a lot of opportunity, but it's also a very challenging market right now.  I don't know of any successful investors who are sitting around Columbus with extra time on their hands.  Find a way to save someone time and you'll have a much better chance of finding what you're looking for.

Well I am a mother of two and married. My husband and I have been doing research on wholesaling and flipping, so those are our main areas of interest. Neither of us have any experience in REI. I wouldn't assume that anyone would have much extra time on their hands. I was just hoping I could link up with someone in the Columbus area who would be willing to help answer any questions and fill any holes that may be missing in our process. It said in the rules I couldn't ask for a mentor. But I guess that's sort of what I'm seeking, since they suggested on their podcast to find someone on this site who would be willing to help.

Originally posted by @Kaylee Fox :

Hello,

I am looking find someone who would be willing to teach me the ropes of real estate investment! I live in Columbus, OH and would love to dive into it. Hopefully I can connect with some great people.

Welcome to the site Kaylee.

@Kaylee Fox Welcome! Columbus is a great market to get started with some of every level of properties. I am more of a buy/hold and fix & flip investor than wholesaling, but always willing to help! PM me if you would like to discuss further. 

Kaylee, welcome aboard.  

I'd suggest binging on the BiggerPockets Podcasts, joining COREE, getting a mentor (by adding value for them) and spending more time/money on education.  

If I were to start all over then I'd focus on buying and holding heavily cash flowing rentals (2% rule)

@Kaylee Fox Hi Kaylee and welcome! I am a fellow resident of Marysville and have 6 units in town. My first property I found through direct mail marketing and my second I found on the MLS. Marysville has a lot of demand for affordable rental properties. If you can find one that cash flows, you will have no problem keeping it rented. The challenge of finding one where where the numbers make sense. Good luck in your search and feel free to reach out anytime!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you