NEW looking for some help (San Antonio Texas)

3 Replies

So i live in San Antonio in the 78247 area and I want to buy some rental properties to build passive income. I’m stuck on deciding on 2 single family homes or 1 duplex maybe 4 plex. Since I’m completely new to all of this would it be pointless to try and get my realtor license or just stick with being an investor? I’ve seen these investor groups and I don’t know what that means, like do multiple investors pitch in to buy property and split profit? I have some money to invest around 200k so I don’t know which would be best to get me the most bang for my buck. Would just buying 1-2 turnkey homes from roof stock in another state be good or stay close by? Thanks 

@Jason Lopez Bought and lived in my first house in 78247 - Eden! We would recommend staying in San Antonio. There is no reason to take on further risk out of state when good numbers, appreciation, and future growth are in your front yard. You can leverage the $200k with putting 25% down on 3 or more SFH homes. Duplexes are over-hyped, and under-appreciated. If you want to sell, they are tougher to sell. A good SFH under $200k will liquidate in minutes around here. Get in touch with us and get involved in our off market pocket listing program along with working with a buyer's agent who will show and sell you only the properties that we can manage. Thanks @Steve Rozenberg

Originally posted by @Jason Lopez :

So i live in San Antonio in the 78247 area and I want to buy some rental properties to build passive income. I’m stuck on deciding on 2 single family homes or 1 duplex maybe 4 plex. Since I’m completely new to all of this would it be pointless to try and get my realtor license or just stick with being an investor? I’ve seen these investor groups and I don’t know what that means, like do multiple investors pitch in to buy property and split profit? I have some money to invest around 200k so I don’t know which would be best to get me the most bang for my buck. Would just buying 1-2 turnkey homes from roof stock in another state be good or stay close by? Thanks 

Welcome to the site Jason. I recommend taking down your 1st few deals on your own. Get the hang of things then look into partnering with others when you've become the one with all of the skills.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you