Jack Mills
  • Olathe, KS
Votes |
Newbie college student in Kansas City area

Jack Mills
  • Olathe, KS
Posted Jul 18 2019, 08:36

Hello!

I am a 21 yr old college student and have been very interested in REI for a few years now. I have listened to both BP podcasts for a while, as well as some books and other resources for some background knowledge on how to get started.

Background:

I am from the Kansas City area (Grew up in Rural Miami County). Started my college career at Baker University playing baseball and currently attend K-State. I will finish up my degree(s) in Mech. Engineering and Physics next year and hope to get a solid income to finance my REI goals until I can hopefully make it my full time career (Currently interning at an aerospace company in KC). At school, I also work for a landlord in the area doing various property management and renovation work (Painting, flooring, decking , tenant calls, showings, etc).

Goals:

Using my summer internships and job at school I am saving up as much as possible while still keeping my student debt low in hopes of finding a property to house hack after I graduate as a starting point.

I would love to hear any specific tips/tricks for my situation and get to know other like-minded individuals with similar interests in my area.

Loading replies...