Newbie from Brooklyn, NY

5 Replies

Hey Guys,

I'm a long time lurker, BP listener and used to work as a commercial/industrial Real Estate Broker in Brooklyn and Queens. I am wrapping up an MBA in NYC and looking to start investing in rental properties (SFH and Multi-family) using the BRRRR method in areas like Western Mass. and Upstate New York.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and finding ways to provide value to this community!

I'd also love to connect with people, like me, who are just starting out on their journey as investors to compare notes and provide support!

Hope this finds everyone well!

Best,

-Eric

Hi Eric,

I'm a short time lurker on BP but just signed up to PRO a few weeks ago! My bestie and I are SUPER excited newbies that are getting our feet wet listening and learning. We both work full time at our W2 jobs so beginning this journey will require some planning.

That's awesome that you have experience as a Broker!

Just wanted to reach out and say hi!

Look forward to the journey ahead!

All the best,

Pam

Hey @Eric Bruenner ,

Welcome to the BP forums, lurking is cool but getting active with the community is where its at! (@Pam Church - glad you're getting active on the forums as well!)

I think BRRRR is one of the best strategies to utilize when getting started. If you're house-hacking the property to lower your living expenses, even better!

Cheers to the beginning of your exciting journey and best of luck moving forward!

Abel

Hi Eric,

Sounds great would love to compare notes as we move along. Today we went to an open house on a house we had looked at a few months ago. The price was a bit high for our comfort for our first flip. Needed a new roof, siding and it was tucked behind two other homes not well kept. The asking was 419K, I think 7 bed 4 baths 3000+ sq ft, diamond in the rough and I was ready to jump in. Bestie wasn't so eager and financing is our big issue now, however the person who bought it FLIPPED the mess out of this house and it looks amazing!!! Now listed for 789,900!!! 150K Rehab. I thought rehab would be closer to 200K so not bad for not a bad guess without seeing the inside. The area buyers will pay that price. The finishes were AMAZING!

Best part of today was connecting with listing agent who just happens to work with investors!!! Great connection, she was a great resource find!!! Our action step forward today was to go to the open house, on a house we would have loved to flip and we met a great resource! Learned a lot today.

Moving toward first deal!

Rock on Eric!!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you