• Lansing, MI
Votes |
Just getting started in real estate investment

Jonah Kusky
  • Contractor
  • Lansing, MI
Posted Jul 20 2019, 12:33

Hi all, 

My name is Jonah Kusky, I’m interested in real estate investing and I’m looking for my first deal. I’m a licensed and insured contrator/handyman with 7+ years of experience; I’ve done everything from building pole barns, to being the assistant superintendent building doctors offices and urgent cares. I’ve been in construction since I was old enough to swing a hammer, my dad has over 30 years in commercial and residential construction; he and my uncle own and operate a small handyman/contractor business in the Chelsea, Mi area, (Upkeep Property Services). My uncle was a real estate agent for 15 years and he become an investor and held several rentals and did a few flips(I did the work on a couple of them personally), then he graduated to owning a 30+ unit apartment building. 

That’s just a little background on me and my experiences.

Despite growing up in the construction industry and having an uncle that is an investor I never was really interested until me and my wife started looking to buy our first home(which we recently did in Eaton rapids, mi), we where trying to figure out how we could afford a home of our own despite having a decent amount of debt. When we first started looking I only knew the construction aspect of houses but I am a person that has to know everything about what I am doing and I soon found the BiggerPockets website, and did tons of research. Months of looking, and after having to with our parents for two months we found a house that we liked and wasn’t a bad deal (I still think we over paid but we where going crazy living with the parents again). I’m hoping that with this first house we bought I can renovate it and hopefully make a little profit in a year or two or rent it out. 

The long and short of it is that I’m new, still learning and looking for the first deal. Please feel free to give advice and contact me, I would enjoy learning from you all. 

Loading replies...