New Member Intro - Chicago Suburbs

20 Replies

Hello BP Community! I’m a new member and would like to introduce myself.

I've been a landlord for 8 years, although I fell into this role as a result of buying a condo in 2007, losing nearly 60% of the value shortly after, and then moving onto a larger home for my wife and growing family.

I recently sold this property after re-building the equity, and am putting plans together to start acquiring SFH rentals in the western suburbs of Chicago.

I'm looking to build a network of like minded people with diverse backgrounds and specialties in the REI community. Let's connect!

@Chris Gundersen

Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

Hey Chris! I am in the western burbs area as well! Just got going on my adventure as well. Learning, saving and seeking my real estate license in the next year while I am teaching full time.

Let's chat or link up to talk. Would be awesome to hear your experiences and ideas! 

Hi Chris and CJ,

Just joined Bigger Pockets this month and located in the northwest suburban of Chicago. In similar situation as you guys and looking to get started. More than happy to connect and share experiences. It is always easier to stay motivated and get through this if there are others going through the same situation as yourself.

Hello all,

I also am in the schaumburg area. Have recently been doing tons of research and listining to pod casts on top of podcasts to retain as much information as i can. I want to get into the landlord life and would love to meet and learn from everyone else.

(Also closing on my first personal house at the end of the August up in carry illinois.)

@Chris Gundersen  Welcome to BP! Not sure how much you're into podcasts but I have found them to be very valuable; not only from a content perspective but also as an case study into what is possible through real estate. There seems to be several local Batavia/Fox Valley BP members here, lets meet up for a cup of coffee one Saturday morning at Limestone.

Cheers,
Cody

Love the local connections I am seeing here! 

@Cody Lingle @Raul Reyes @Jason Lam @Daniel Cullen

Would love to meet up, coffee or something, and just hear out what everyone has picked up in their journey so far. Also I am big fan of accountability partners/commitments. Helps keep the progress going toward the goals. Whatever anyone can carve out some time for or would like to do, I am game. 

I am located in the NW burb in the Barrington area. I am up for a meet up. We can find a central location for everyone. Busy the next two weeks but have some time the last week of August.

@CJ Watkins   I would be happy to meet up.  I messaged @Chris Gundersen about grabbing some coffee at Limestone's on Wilson during an upcoming Saturday morning; would 8/31 or 9/7 work for you?   With you having the Pro membership I believe you can create an event as well to spread the word for others to join.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you