New Investor from Boston, MA

4 Replies

Hi All,

I am currently a tax accountant and CPA at a big four accounting firm in Boston, MA. In my current role I specialize in state and local corporate tax compliance. I found my way here months ago by looking for a new real estate related podcast and coming across the BiggerPockets Real Estate Podcast. That led me to all of the other podcasts/forums/blogs that BiggerPockets has to offer.

I don’t currently own any properties, I have spent the last few months learning and getting my own financial house in order so that I can begin investing. That said, although I am currently living in Boston, I am looking to invest elsewhere in the near future - either by moving out west (I have been toying with the idea of moving to Denver or Salt Lake City for the past couple of years), or by leveraging my new found confidence in investing remotely thanks to David Greene and his book.

I have become passionate about real estate and personal finance and I am serious about making this a lifestyle. Looking forward to learning/interacting with you all!

Carter

Carter, great post.  I’m a Boston native currently living in Denver.  I own a RE company and have been investing in Denver RE for over 20 years.   Love to chat more!

Hey Carter, you might want to give central mass a glance also. Lots of cool things happening out there and you can still get a good return. Good luck man!

@Carter Butler you certainly have a great background to jump in. With enough persistence you might find you can in fact make deals work in Boston or at least the metro area. Feel free to reach out if you ever want to discuss.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you