• Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland Twp, 48363
Votes |
Mike K intro SE Michigan

Mike Kratz
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland Twp, 48363
Posted Aug 19 2019, 15:22

Well...I read Rich Dad Poor Dad a while ago. Since then I have wanted to use Real Estate as a investment/cash flow investment but haven’t approached it as a business. I am ready to make that turn.

I currently have a home in Jacksonville, FL that has been rented for the past 6+ years. It was more out of necessity than preference. I was way underwater.

I recently bought a home in Warren, MI that is up for rent. This is the start of my Real Estate for cash flow endeavor. It was a totally rehab project that should be a BRRR hopefully. I haven't done that yet but that is my plan...

I also own a home in the Rochester, MI area that I am thinking about renting and buying another home in the same area. This would offer me the ability to fully realize my equity that I have build since 2012. Not sure how this would work or the stipulations that a lender would place in me...

My background is homebuilding and building materials but the finance and investing is new to me.

I am looking for a CPA recommendation in Southeast MI before I get to far down this path. I might sell my FL home since there is actually some equity there now, too. A 1031 exchange might be my path.

Well. We shall see go this goes.

Mike

Loading replies...