Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Aspiring Central Florida Investor

Devin Hughes
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Sep 5 2019, 04:59

Hello all! I joined the BP community a few months ago, but am just now getting to introducing myself properly. I have been happily married to my favorite person since 2014 and we recently had our first child, a baby girl we named Harper. I joined the Air Force in 2008 as an Aircraft Mechanic on the KC-135 (Crew Chief) and am still Active Duty. Originally from Orlando, I was stationed at Fairchild AFB, WA from 2009 to 2013, which is where I met my wife while she was a Senior attending Gonzaga University. From there, I was assigned to a different role working on a new program in the Seattle area as a Verification Manager for an Aircraft that the USAF recently acquired from Boeing. We bought and sold two properties while we lived there as well as a home we purchased in a developing area that we still own and rent out. This was an accident due to receiving orders to MacDill AFB, Florida (Tampa), the very same day we closed on the home. So while we are optimistic for appreciation, we would not likely have made that call again since it does not cash flow. We also own the home we live in now in Valrico, Florida and are looking to BRRRR some cash flowing rentals (preferably small multifamily) in the Central Florida area.

I have BiggerPockets to thank for my interest and ability to act on this desire. Initially, reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" in 2017 sparked the flame, but BP was the fuel that got it roaring. I am eternally grateful for this organization and this community and never hesitate to broadcast it to anyone that shows any interest at all in REI and has a willingness to listen.

I look forward to interacting with all of you and sharing any and all success and learning experiences I encounter!

Loading replies...