Augusta GA Buy and Hold

13 Replies

Hello BP fam! I am a new single family investor in this market. I have been quietly doing my DD over the past few months and would love to connect with anyone experienced in Augusta. I am located totally out of state (military in Hawaii) and would really appreciate any insight on neighborhoods. I really need local experience more than anything, but I hope to be able to help others as I go. Please feel free to reach out.  Thanks! 

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now

@Paul Rush

Great question. I have spoken to another military investor recently who was investing in the Augusta market. Maybe cyber related? Looking forward to hearing the impetus for the action. 

@Alexander Rivera

We invest in the hill area of Augusta. Near schools and hospitals. Let me know if you have any questions about the area.

@Paul Rush excellent question, haha. I am military and was stationed in Georgia for about a year, but in a different market (Columbus, not as strong in my opinion). 

Short answer: the numbers in the southeast seem to work great. After doing some research, I feel the Augusta market is healthy for investing. On the military side, the city hosts the Army’s Fort Gordon and Cyber center. The domain of cyber warfare is one of the fastest growing and most important focus areas of our military right now. I recognize that this sector of the military can only grow, and it is definitely a strong factor pulling me to Augusta. The other aspects of the economy seem attractive because they are diversified, but I’ll admit I’m not as well-versed beyond the military population. Thanks to everyone for the help and messages! It is definitely a challenge investing so remotely and I truly appreciate it.

@Paul Rush Hey Paul. I’ve been searching for rentals in Augusta for a short while(online). Any tips on buying under $50k there?

You might be able to find some deals online for under $50,000 but I always think the best deals come from networking with the right people in the market. Sounds like Roy is interested in helping and I would be also. 

If you are able to come to Augusta you should try to make it to a REIA meeting and connect with some local wholesalers

@Julie Sisnroy

The market here is very hot so rents have steadily increased throughout the area. The more popular zip codes are 30906, 30904, 30815 and if you are looking for higher end rentals try 30907, 30813, 30909, and 30809.  If you have any questions please feel free to DM me.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you