Hello From Iowa

4 Replies

Just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. I'm a 25 year old construction worker. I just finished my first ever real estate deal breaking up and selling some land I inherited. I must admit that I have now been bitten by the bug, and think that this is something that I could do more often. However before I jump in head first I thought I should find out what I'm getting myself into. This website in addition to a few other outside resources has been a big help over the last few months and I have just recently decided to join so I could get more involved and hopefully get a few of my questions answered. I look forward to learning from you all, and hopefully I can add a little something also.

-Jason-

Yes, my wife I inherited a 5 acre "farm" that my wife's grandparents owned. My wife decided that her grandparents would rather her put the money from the farm into our own house rather than try rent it out or try to maintain it. So she turned me loose. I sold the house on 1 acre to a couple buying their first home, 2 acres on one side to the family that owned the property on one side and wanted to expand their property for horses, and the remaining land to a gentleman that just moved to the area that wanted to build. Then my wife to my surprise and joy suggested that instead of taking the profits and spending them all on the short term that we try to invest them in some other properties closer to where we live.

Great Job,

Me and a partner have been sitting on some property in South Phoenix
Up around 19th Ave. 4.3 Acres. (prime stuff) I'm thinking of doing the same.

Enjoy the Forum, Your going to like it here.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you