New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Dylan Smith
Votes |
Med Student Seeking Advice

Dylan Smith
Posted Nov 8 2019, 12:25

Hello everyone. I am extremely new to real estate. I know nothing about it..at all. I love learning new things and have had a desire to learn about real estate for a while. WHERE DO I START?! Aside from that, I would like honest...brutally honest opinions... regarding my current situation and if it is a good idea for me to get into real estate. Let me start by saying my life long goal has been to become a physician. After 4 years of undergrad, a masters degree, two years of studying for the MCAT while working full time, a ton of stress, tears, and sleepless nights, I found out last week my dream is coming true. I was accepted into medical school and will start in the fall of 2020. The kicker? The worst is yet to come. I will be tested to new limits and pushed harder than I ever have in my life during medical school and residency. The good news is this process showed me I can handle my time well and that I am not afraid of hard work and to fail. Should I learn as much as possible before matriculating and try to retain it for later down the road? Or is this an opportunity to actually learn about real estate and put thoughts into action. Is it possible to buy and rent out to others during school? I will probably be taking out more loans for school, so it seems absolutely stupid to think about buying a home in any capacity (that is if I even qualify)....right? Thank you for your time!

Loading replies...