How to finance My next deal?

4 Replies

Hi everyone, i am relatively new to real estate investing but i have a two units under construction in Accra, Ghana with an ARV of $60,000. Estimated monthly rent is $400. The project is funded by friends and family. I have been trying to find a strategy that will allow me to increase my MFH portfolio as well as payback the initial loan as soon as possible. I tried the BRRRR strategy but my DTI currently is above 50%. I would appreciate your suggestions.

Regards, 

Elvis.

Hello Elvis!  I do not have much actual experience but I had a broker license for about 30 years and also during that same amount oof times I worked and managed much of construction work.  I can say that you might be able to have success with a Private or hard money lenders.

Those lenders are typically short term (6 to 12 months) and you may have to refinance after their time period but,hopefully, by then you have increased that value so it’s very important to get an add-value and made it more property more valuable and will satisfy the long term lenders.

You could also get a “cash rich” partner but you might have to give 25 to 50% of the profit to them.  I am concerned of long distance investment and a responsible and trustworthy local person too help you.

Another possibility is owner financing which usually is more flexible that can help you more hand that you could help the owner get closer to their asking price and the interest you could afford to pay.  Show them what it could make the seller on paper.

That’s about all I can think of.

Good luck to you! 

Originally posted by @Michael Lewis Lee :

Hello Elvis!  I do not have much actual experience but I had a broker license for about 30 years and also during that same amount oof times I worked and managed much of construction work.  I can say that you might be able to have success with a Private or hard money lenders.

Those lenders are typically short term (6 to 12 months) and you may have to refinance after their time period but,hopefully, by then you have increased that value so it’s very important to get an add-value and made it more property more valuable and will satisfy the long term lenders.

You could also get a “cash rich” partner but you might have to give 25 to 50% of the profit to them.  I am concerned of long distance investment and a responsible and trustworthy local person too help you.

Another possibility is owner financing which usually is more flexible that can help you more hand that you could help the owner get closer to their asking price and the interest you could afford to pay.  Show them what it could make the seller on paper.

That’s about all I can think of.

Good luck to you! 

Thanks very much for the reply, Michael. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here