• Lansing, MI
Votes |
New investor in Lansing, MI

Ethan Evans
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lansing, MI
Posted Nov 12 2019, 12:04

Hello!  My name is Ethan Evans and I'm new to Bigger Pockets and investing.  I live with my family in the Lansing, MI area and am looking to buy my first investment property as a buy-and-hold rental.

I have a real estate agent that I've worked with previously and am now getting an LLC setup for this first property. I grew up as a Dave Ramsey so I want to do a 15 year mortgage on my rental properties, but still have more learning to do about other types of financing and what makes sense for my strategy and comfort level.

I am also seeking a quality rental management company as I don't want to manage all of the day to day as I'm getting started.  Any recommendations are most appreciated!

For the property itself, I want to start small and buy under $80,000 either a single family or multi family home, preferably with tenants already, and something that's already in good condition.  I'll try some fixer-uppers later on; my day job keeps me pretty busy right now.

I'm looking forward to meeting many of you in the forums and value any advice and encouragement you can offer this guy!

Loading replies...