Votes
Callen Stewart
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
Starting Out in Real Estate

Callen Stewart
  • Lubbock, TX
Posted Nov 14 2019, 10:36

Hello, my name is Callen Stewart. I am from Lubbock, Tx I am 23 years old and currently working on my MBA at Texas Tech University. I am also finishing up my real estate license, as well. 

As for my real estate goals, I am starting with the BURRR method. I am excited to be working on my first project as of this week. My goal is to buy three houses in 2020 (including the current one) and get the refinanced and rented out. Furthermore, I am going to try to double the number of properties each year following. I live in a college town, and I invest in a neighborhood that is middle to upscale living for college kids and professors. I am starting with 170K in capital, and I want to make that capital work as much as I possibly can. The issue I currently face is in my target market; houses are only leased from June to August due to the calendar school year. If anyone has any advice on what types of projects I should work on from August to December (due to my three-month renting period), it would be much appreciated. I am also open to bigger flips and increasing my capital in these months as well. 

Bigger Pockets has been a massive help in my education in real estate over the past year. From all of the books, podcasts, and running numbers on properties. I look forward to communicating with everyone in the future, and thank you in advance for your time and advice. 

Loading replies...