NY based Real Estate Investing

5 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I’m currently a Physician Assistant. I reside in Queens, New York. I’m looking into meeting up or generating ideas for future large profile investments. I’m currently interesting in multifamily units either in NY or Florida, Davenport area.

Thank You,

Giancarlo Sarmiento, PA-C

Hey man, welcome to BP. I’m a PA as well in eastern Pennsylvania. Probably not necessary to include your credentials on here though lol.

What’s your plan for investing in multifamily? Cap rates in the NYC area are pretty compressed compared to other markets around the county, especially Florida.

Originally posted by @Giancarlo Sarmiento :

Hello Everyone,

I’m currently a Physician Assistant. I reside in Queens, New York. I’m looking into meeting up or generating ideas for future large profile investments. I’m currently interesting in multifamily units either in NY or Florida, Davenport area.

Thank You,

Giancarlo Sarmiento, PA-C

Hello Giancarlo,

Where in NY are you interested in finding a multi-family?

I work with a lot of house-hackers in Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island and the Bronx. 

Although we're in a high-priced market, many folks find house-hacking to be a great way to start building a portfolio. They go from spending ~$2,000/month in rent, to paying less than half of that for a mortgage after collecting rental income.

After a couple of years of saving up-  they use their saved cash, sell, or refinance to get into their next property.

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Abel

@Giancarlo Sarmiento

Welcome to biggerpockets - you will find this to be a great community to be apart of.

If you are looking to meeting with other real estate investors, I would suggest attending some real estate networking events held in NYC.

Two professionals that I know host great networking events are @Damon Bodine and @Alina Trigub
Feel free to reach out to them to find out more information about the networking events they host.

Basit,
Thanks for recommending our meetup! 

If my memory serves me well, you host events in Queens right?

Originally posted by @Basit Siddiqi :

@Giancarlo Sarmiento

Welcome to biggerpockets - you will find this to be a great community to be apart of.

If you are looking to meeting with other real estate investors, I would suggest attending some real estate networking events held in NYC.

Two professionals that I know host great networking events are @Damon Bodine and @Alina Trigub. 
Feel free to reach out to them to find out more information about the networking events they host.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here