Where should I start?

2 Replies

I recently relocated to the DC/Fort Belvoir VA area. I first started my whole journey in Richmond VA where I received loads of leads by driving for dollars but never landed any deals. I have my real estate license in the state of Texas and wondering if I should a pursue getting my license in VA since I am now more interested in real investing?

In Richmond, my road block was always with not being able to get the seller to commit to selling. I am in the military and was also wondering if I do get my license in VA, should I go for a niche and market more toward veterans and military since I'm experienced with the VA loan process?

Where should I start? What are some goals I should be setting in order to start in wholesaling/real estate investing? 

(FYI, I chose wholesaling as a start because I have more time than money)

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

@Natasha Waters Develop relationships. Relationships will lead to capital, partners, deals, growth, etc. Try to find some meet ups or REIA groups in your area. Introduce yourself and try to add value to the folks you meet. Starting with the group of people you know (military) is a good start. Maybe you start your own RE Investing MeetUp for Military Members and be seen as a resource/leader with credentials, then bring in people more experienced than you to speak at your events. You'll be rolling in no time.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice, and good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you