New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Poulin
Votes |
Hi i'm Jon from northern Vermont

Jonathan Poulin
Posted Nov 19 2019, 05:49

I am so excited to be joining a network of amazing individuals who are so passionate about real estate and investing and I am eager to learn as much as I can. My name is Jonathan and I grew up in a small town in the Northeast region of Vermont. I have always been an entrepreneur at heart; when I was 8 years old I bought a vending machine at a local yard sale with the help of my mother, and my father who worked at a machine shop close to home gave me the go ahead to place the machine in his shop. This was a great experience for me, as I had to stock the machine and collect the money every week. I made $25 a week from this business of mine and when I turned 12 I started a DJ'ing company with the money I had saved- I continued to grow my company over the years and now at 31 I have been in business for 19 years. 

There's a turn in my life that happened that paved the way to what I hope leads to success. When I was 28 I found myself in a position where I needed to buy a home, I was a single father with a 4 month old baby girl and I needed to step up and really start making some moves in life. I looked for deals online for single family homes and multi family homes. I knew I wanted to house hack but I also wanted instant equity in my home. After about a month I landed upon a 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom home, the upstairs was fitted to be a small apartment and I knew I could rent the upstairs out and potentially another room in my home and my mortgage would be payed. The house appraised around 195k and I purchased the home with a 30 year FHA loan at 3.6% for 120K -

Fast forward to now and I am currently working on purchasing 2 buildings from a friend of mine who has been in the rental game for 10 years- I bought him lunch a little while back to just talk about what I should do, how I should move forward- and I said, "Hey, would you be interested in selling me any of your properties that I can get a decent cash flow from" As he is interested in moving south in a few years, he said he would think about it- Well we are currently in the process of a deal that would get me 8 units- with amazing cash flow- all units are currently occupied with great tenants. This is just the beginning of my journey and I hope to share everything that happens along the way. 

Thanks for reading. 

Jonathan- 

Loading replies...