• Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Kansas City CRE Professional New to BP

John Drowns
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Dec 3 2019, 10:22

I began cultivating my passion and knowledge of the commercial real estate industry while working for an office/flex developer as a young man in Kansas City. I graduated from Arizona State and went to work underwriting CRE for a global firm in various capacities in Phoenix. While in Phoenix, I was also an investment sales associate with a multi-family group, specializing in communities 150 units and greater. Returning to KC, I managed the tenant improvements for approximately 2.1 million square feet of office property.

Presently I work in raising equity from private investors for the acquisition or development of CRE projects in the US that my company sources as a Sponsor, a larger concentration of which are in the Midwest.

A short list of my goals for joining BP are: to share my knowledge of commercial real estate & investment, thereof; become invested in my own CRE (actively working on this) & SF Residence projects; learn from those who have practical application in both of those areas; meet like-minded folks who enjoy celebrating the successes of others; gain insight from other syndicators on how to effectively reach and network with accredited investors in which to present opportunities; and, eventually network to form partnerships in my own private RE investments.

Per mention in numerous other threads, I am going to read Joe Fairless' "Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book", and welcome any advice that pertains to reaching accredited investors who are seeking passive investment in CRE via Sponsored opportunities. I found BP via Joe's site while working on building my contact network.

I am thrilled about this site and with how people truly pay it forward with the advice that is offered up.  Looking forward to sharing in building knowledge and relationships.

PS - I get an error when trying to access "• How to Effectively Use BiggerPockets to Build Your Business"

Loading replies...