New member from Atlanta, GA !

6 Replies

Hello!

My name is Rose and I am from The Hotlanta. I first moved to the U.S in 2001 and landed in Michigan first, but due to the economy crash, my family have relocated to Atlanta to find new opportunities. 
I currently have a full time career in logistics but I wanted to venture out to see what else I can do besides working from 8-5. 
And during this time, my husband found the BP podcast on Spotify and both of us tuned in and we eventually took our road to listen/read the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" book as well :) 

We are still fairly young but we both work a lot and feel drained from our current place in life so we wanted to look into making some changes and this podcast made us look at finance and jobs/careers differently. "Wealth is not about how much money you make, but how much money you keep". Also made me realize that no matter how hard I work for someone, it really doesn't matter to them.... which makes you feel defeated and exhausted. 


Anyways, long story short, we decided that I should be the one to study real estate and get a real estate license and I FINALLY GOT IT! :) 
(Thank you, thank you (:! ) 
and while we've decided that I am going to take the pre-license course, I have a friend that is an associate broker that would be able to work with me if I get a real estate license, but I told them that I won't be able to go full time as I need a stable income/benefits right now and laid out upfront that I can work after hours and/or help out with whatever task during the day as needed/if i can. 
However, after I got the license and talked to my friend, during the conversation, I felt this feeling that they wanted me to part time during the working hours in the week, which I can't do at the moment. 

With that said, I have heard some people have hustled day and night to have a full time job and be a part time real estates agent, which I am excited/eager to do, but is there any advice on how to get in to a brokerage to be a part time agent during not the normal hours? I am not trying to break away from this friend for wanting me during the day but I wanted to explain my situation in a better way for them to accept me of my current schedule and start this journey with me or worst case, look into a different brokerage firm. 

Thank you for reading and thanks for your time! :) 
It is nice to join a powerful and driven people 

Hi @Rose White and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Congratulations on embarking on the road to financial independence! You're definitely in great company here.

Congrats also on getting your agent's license. In addition to finding a brokerage that will allow the schedule flexibility you require, do make sure you find a broker who can help you become an investor (Hint: Most cannot)!

You might consider working with a brokerage that has a significant investor clientele. Even better would be one where the broker is also an experienced investor themselves.

No broker can teach you what they themselves don't know how to do.

@Rose White

Welcome to the world of RE investing. There is a scope for everyone to grow their business; to fit their needs.

Looks like we missed you in Michigan; due to early downturn when you came in.

Keep learning and growing. There would be local REIA group meetups; which you can attend to learn from others in your area.

Saravanan

@Rose White

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. We are here to help. I recommend that you join one of the local real estate investors associations for networking and education. Check out GAREIA dot com.

Good luck on your real estate journey.

Originally posted by @Saravanan Saravanan :

@Rose White

Welcome to the world of RE investing. There is a scope for everyone to grow their business; to fit their needs.

Looks like we missed you in Michigan; due to early downturn when you came in.

Keep learning and growing. There would be local REIA group meetups; which you can attend to learn from others in your area.

Saravanan

 Hi Saravanan! i actually lived in Troy before moving to Georgia. 

and thanks for your suggestions, i will def be going to REIA meet ups. i went to the trade show a couple of months ago to see how it was and all and i enjoyed connecting (though it wasnt really benefit for me at the time) but will def use more time to connect and learn :)

thank you !

Originally posted by @Mitch Messer :

Hi @Rose White and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Congratulations on embarking on the road to financial independence! You're definitely in great company here.

Congrats also on getting your agent's license. In addition to finding a brokerage that will allow the schedule flexibility you require, do make sure you find a broker who can help you become an investor (Hint: Most cannot)!

You might consider working with a brokerage that has a significant investor clientele. Even better would be one where the broker is also an experienced investor themselves.

No broker can teach you what they themselves don't know how to do.

Hi Mitch! 


that's very true, i do hope to dive into being a investor eventually as well.  

Originally posted by @Bill Hampton :

@Rose White

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. We are here to help. I recommend that you join one of the local real estate investors associations for networking and education. Check out GAREIA dot com.

Good luck on your real estate journey.

thanks a lot, Bill! 

 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you