Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Welch
Votes |
Newbie from West Houston Seeking Opportunities and Relationships!

Nicholas Welch
Posted Dec 22 2019, 10:30

Hey all! My name is Nicholas Welch, and I'm a 21-year old from a city called Katy out here west of Houston, Texas. This actually isn't my first post on this forum (I believe it's my third!), but I figured I should definitely make this post anyways! 

My current goal is getting my finances in a much stronger position, meaning all of my active working capital is going towards loan and other debt paydown (student loans, credit cards, etc.). I want to get into real estate investing as soon as humanly possible, but I recognize that it's in my best interest to get my finances in order before I try to pick up any more debt commitments. 

My goal on this forum is simply to connect with others, share what little knowledge I have (I'm a huge numbers guy, so I'm doing my best to bolster my capabilities there), and pick up knowledge from others as well. I'd love to one day be able to find some individuals to work with on deals, with my ideal type being one where I'm the partner that handles the project/property management, being the one who deals with all of the day-to-day annoyances since I have so little monetary capital to offer.

As of right now, my market focus is on all of West Houston (Katy, Cypress, Magnolia, Tomball, Sugar Land, etc.), and I primarily look at REO properties due to the inherent extra room for cash flow with their lower prices. I'd love to get into smaller multi-family investments, but will likely start with SFH due to the multi-family market being so very weak over here. I typically look at 20-30 properties per day, and analyze the numbers on 5-10 (I've reached the point where I can get a pretty solid rough estimate of cash flow without the usage of any calculators, which was a big step for me!), and I'm hoping that market knowledge will help me once I'm able to actually pull the trigger on this whole thing.

To conclude, thank you so much to whoever ends up reading this! I'm always seeking out advice and people to speak with, and I'm also always willing to give my own advice/assistance whenever it's possible. If anybody ever wants to connect with me on here, never hesitate to reach out!

Loading replies...