New Member - Kenosha/Racine WI Area

9 Replies

Happy New Year BP!

I've been a member for a while but never really took advantage of all that BP had to offer. Really looking to get connected and network to finally get this ball rolling. I was thinking of starting out with wholesaling properties in the Racine/Kenosha area for now then see what other doors open from there. Excited to to learn more but more eager to get to it. Looking forward to getting to know some of you. I'm open to any help I can get :) Thank you all in advance!

Hi @Benjamin Ortiz , Welcome to BP!  This place is an amazing wealth of knowledge.  

If you find yourself wholesaling deals that require PM in place, let me know we can chat. I work with a few wholesalers who utilize us for PM on property's so they can be closed with a lender. We've got a quick process in place for those situations.

Welcome! Have you joined the WiscoREIA in Kenosha? If you haven't, it's a great group with a lot of good networking and learning opportunities. 

@Benjamin Ortiz I just presented at that location on vacation rentals a couple months ago. They're a great group! I also have been part of all the other WiscoREIA locations although my two "home" locations are Green Bay and Appleton. 

Brew City REI Club will be having an event Jan 23rd. You can find it under events in Bigger Pockets. This will be a lender bonanza and a great way to connect with active investors in Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha and hard money lenders, banks and mortgage brokers. Affordable a la carte training services are also available. Good luck on your REI journey.

@Benjamin Ortiz , I would highly recommend the Brew City REI Club and the WiscoREIA. Both groups will offer you some great opportunities to learn and network.

I'm hoping to make the Kenosha meeting on the 20th. I will be at the Brew City Lender Bonanza on the 23rd.

I'd love to meet up and connect.

Welcome to BP!  Wholesaling is a very effective and common way to get started.  It will show you the basics of a deal and provide you with some capital to begin your venture.  If you want to venture further north, we host a monthly meetup (WI Apartment Investors Meetup) in Waukesha centered around multifamily investing.  Let me know if you want event details.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you